SDOGA works closely with the Economic Development teams throughout South Dakota. It’s simple. We’ve got a lot of great things to offer. In fact, according to CNN’s annual rankings, South Dakota is No. 1 for business due in large part to these competitive advantages:
- No corporate income tax
- No personal income tax
- No personal property tax
- No inventory tax
- No inheritance tax
- Competitive workers compensation rates
- Lowest average unemployment insurance rates
The Rushmore Region Economic Development Alliance is a partnership of Chamber and Economic Development organizations throughout the Black Hills of South Dakota which work together to foster and promote a stronger and more diverse economy. If you’re a company looking to position yourself near the Bakken, Powder River, or Niobrara, then take a look at some of the reasons why you should make a move to South Dakota:
Energy and extractive industry
Over 65,000 jobs have been added in North Dakota due to oil and gas in the Williston Basin, positioning companies in South Dakota to take advantage of the corporate and personal income tax structure.
- The Rushmore Region is located within 300 miles of three of North America’s major shale plays.
- We were recently rated the 10th most livable state in America. We have the 7th lowest cost of living index, and we’re the 7th safest state in nation.
- Instant access to major transportation corridors such as Interstate 90 and the Theodore Roosevelt Expressway.
Industrial Land Available
When it comes to business in the Williston Basin, South Dakota is the place to be. The oil-rich Bakken Shale is less than 100 miles away and the Williston Basin extends into the state, making it an easy drive from the state’s major cities.
Interested in Learning More?
Some of our members have made the move to South Dakota due to servicing the oil and gas industry. Contact the Rushmore Region and learn more about moving your company to South Dakota!